Monday, January 12, 2009

demam, brrr!

hamba, selaku pemerintah.. apakan? hahaha. aku demam, haa. i didnt go to school tadi cause aku demam. majal haha.

i just wanna share this un-true story with you guys.
TAKDE KENA MENGENA DENGAN YANG HIDUP ATAU MEREKA YANG DALAM 7-FEET-UNDER!

A Day Rained By Memories.

I walked on the wet and dark street. Some street lights were left switched off. There wasn’t any car passing by me. I depended on my blur vision –I couldn’t see any more clearly with 2 meters distance.—and my thick sweater that kept me warm and saved me from being soaked by rain. It was raining heavily. I could feel they were falling on my sweater’s hood as gravity pulled them downwards. Uninvited water entered my shoes. That was the time I walked uncomfortably. Songs played on my ears and I could see the direction of the rain below the functioning light. Houses were not so opened for those who want to come.

I kept on walking and rain seemed didn’t have any sympathy for a broken-hearted guy walking on the street. Broken-hearted, that was me. One Last Kiss was singing on either side of my ear. I shouldn’t have listened to this goddamn song. By the time the intro started, in my conscious, I was dragged unwantedly back to my past. I couldn’t stop myself from thinking of her, whose soul I once loved. I shivered by sharp cold. It ended so fast. I desperately wanted to forget every inch of her memories in me. Was there any book titled “steps to get over someone called ex”? No, there wasn’t. Leaving was an option for her. I should’ve changed leaving to breaking. I never thought it could end sadly and left me nothing but memories that I couldn’t get over of. It was obvious that I was pretending everything was okay. I tried so hard to bury it deeply and deeper than seven-feet-under. I was hiding from her. Hiding in a place where she couldn’t even see my shadow or smell my scent. My arms shaking to death, it was very cold. My mind was still on her, but not my love. I had made a promise to myself that I would never come back as we took our steps, not even a glimpse of her.

Just a few more meters ahead and I would reach my home. It wasn’t raining heavily as it did a couple of minutes ago. My shadow showed up as I passed below the street light. I stopped and looked at it. Just a few seconds and I continued having a not-so-sweet walk to home. Step by step, I finally reached my destination for that night. Took out my keys from my pocket and unlocked the door. Stepped inside, closed the door, headed to my room. House was quite and dark, everyone had gone to sleep. I switched off my air conditioner and on the ceiling fan. I took off my wet sweater and gave myself a towel to dry my almost-wet body. I took off everything and ready for some hot water shower. I had only a few minutes on bathroom, cleaned myself, clothes and done. Entered back my room, looked on the other side of the wall as I walked and now off the fan and on the air conditioner. I was supposed having a great sleep and dream by this time, but I wasn’t so sleepy. Turned on the music, volume was set just enough for me to hear the song. Tell Someone Else by The Years Gone By, it said “like every chance I see you, is another chance I get to walk away.” I did it sometimes to her and I would’ve been regretting it.

I stared at a box full of our belongings; love note, presents, anniversary memories and a picture where I kissed her at her birthday party. I opened it, took out the picture and looked as I reminisced the moment. I threw it back and shut it off, took my cigarettes and went to the balcony, had some dirty air from cigar was just okay from thinking of her all the time, though I was still thinking about her. I couldn’t forgive her, nor forget her. Her absence pleased me, her memories tortured me. Soundlessly I walked and laid myself on my comfortable bed. I wouldn’t be hoping for her to appear in my sleep, but to have a new day without a single thought of her would be perfect enough for me.

THANKS FOR ALESANA THAT HAD GIVEN ME INSPIRATION TO WRITE SUCH SHORT STORY.


No comments: